Friday, September 1, 2017

Update September - completed section 29 (FWD MID FUSE SIDE STRUCTURE), on to section 31 (Fuel System)

Much has happened since last post.  I have completed the riveting of side skins, and all the root fairing attach angles.  I also completed assembly of the seat back brace with its adjustment guides and angles.  Finally, after riveting this brace, the gussets, and intercostals in place, I bolted in the roll bar bases.

I am skipping section 30 - where the fuselage and tailcone/aft fuselage get joined up - until I have completed as much of the systems installation in the fuselage as possible.  It will be that much harder to do these steps when I have more weight and bulk to move around, not to mention the space issue.

I ordered Berenger brake master cylinders, brake lines, and fuel lines from TS Flightlines.  Very nice stuff, and it makes the work of installing fuel/brake systems much easier, plus the Berenger wheels and brakes are better quality, lower weight than the standard stuff.

Today I installed the fuel line brackets, fuel selector, fuel pump, fuel filter, and the fuel line from selector to fuel filter/pump assembly.

Section 31 will go very quickly, then on to rudder/brake installation.  I'll wait to do the baggage floors until after joining up the fuse to tailcone.











No comments:

Post a Comment