Sunday, February 25, 2018

February 25, 2018 Update

This update is about a week late.  Since last weekend, nothing has happened thanks to work related travel.   After I finished the first trail fitting of wingtips and installing the wingtip rib, I did an initial install.  The wing tip trailing edges were too high and top side of the wingtip didn't match aileron outside edge in neutral aileron position (using template tool to do this).  It took me a while to figure this out:  I had carefully checked alignment before drilling the wingtip ribs and again before riveting them.  After discussing with Vic, I determined that I needed to split the aft edge of wingtip, re-fit rib (ordered a new one of course), and use epoxy/flox to re-fit it all.

This worked well and now I just need to final install wingtip (after sanding down the sealed original rivet holes etc).





I've moved left wing back into the wing cradle and right wing to work surface to start the wing process all over again.  I'll start with fuel tank and simultaneously do wiring, aileron/flap gap seals, etc as time permits.

No comments:

Post a Comment