Tuesday, March 6, 2018

March 6 Update - QB wing, right

I had only a couple of days at to work since the last post:  since then I've removed the fuel tank from the right wing and installed the fuel sender.   As with prior wing I had to modify the bend of the sender float arm.  I also found the resistance to up-down movement of the arm to be more "stiff" than I'd like.  I found the identical part (It's a Stewart Warner automotive style sender) on Summit Racing (where I buy primer) used it - resistance is just right.

I used my Amazon-bought endoscopic camera ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075ST873B/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ) to check position of float in the "up-down" directions.

Then used sealant per KAI to final-install the sender. 





No comments:

Post a Comment