Wednesday, May 2, 2018

A forest of clecos - and a very sore hand

Since last post, I fitted the co-pilot stick to its base and checked travel limits of the stick (as well as verifying that stick bases are contacting both stops: I had previously checked this and filed one of the stops so this was just a verification).   I'm good with stick travel - about 14.5 degrees down and 25 degrees up so no adjustments needed at stick.  It will be a while before I install the aft-most control rod because I need to move things around in the shop to get the HS / elevators mounted in order to check travel there.

Also prepped / primed the rollover structure parts, and starting by riveting the two "halves" of the forward and aft sections of the roll bar.  Next I clecoed the structure together and final-drilled from #40 to #30.   LOTS of cleco action here - my right hand is very sore!

I'll deburr everything well and start riveting this in the next day or two.






No comments:

Post a Comment