Monday, August 19, 2019

FWF inspection

I pulled the cowling today and inspected the FWF area.  Not the first time I've done this but I was being very thorough.   Found a couple of minor issues:

1.  Slightly loose bolts (castle nut style) on throttle and mixture cable rod ends.  Tightened these until snug and put in new cotter pins.  I reversed the mixture cable bolt and used a shorter one because there was slight wear on the lower cowling from rubbing at full rich mixture setting.

2. Broken L-bracket for the sniffle line.  This bracket clamps to the exhaust using a stainless hose clamp, with an Adel clamp holding the sniffle line.  Looks like heat and flexing broke it at the bend.
I fabricated a new one using .018 stainless steel.  Hopefully this will be more durable.

Broken bracket and new one fabricated from steel:



No comments:

Post a Comment