Friday, July 21, 2017

July 20 Update - FWD Fuse Lower Structure COMPLETE (Section 28)

Lots of travel since my last update.  Since that update I've completed the battery box, vent assemblies, and riveted these to the firewall.  I'm sealing everything with 3M fire barrier sealant, but haven't decided yet if I will insulate the firewall - if so I'll do that before installing the engine mount.

Heard from Van's today that I may be getting QB wings early - if so that's good news but no where near ready for wings.

In preparation for Section 29, I built a stand for the fuse structure (for riveting) as described on 29-4.  I called Gus at Vans about this - I'm using a piece of aluminum bar to shim size up from a 2x4 which is glued and screwed to a 2 x 2 foot 3/4 inch plywood board.  Should be plenty strong.









No comments:

Post a Comment