Sunday, May 12, 2019

She's FAST!

Totally consistent with Van's promised performance, with wheel pants/fairings now on, I'm seeing outstanding performance numbers, at slightly lower power settings than expected.

Pants/fairings added 18-19 knots to speed.  I had added a rudder wedge but had to remove it as the faster speeds magnified its effect:  I still need to hold a small amount of right rudder in cruise.  I need to decide whether to use a cut-down wedge, a small tab, or an internal rudder trim.  I'm tempted to add an electric trim tab like many RV-10 owners have done, but wonder if the effort is worth it.

I have a consistently heavy right wing - I think the left flap quick build) has a slight twist.  I'm going to build a new left flap and install it before I chase down the heavy wing issue any further.





Wig wag and another landing videos:


No comments:

Post a Comment