Friday, February 22, 2019

Getting close to the big move

I'm continuing to work on fiberglass/cowling, also some electrical stuff and odds & ends.  I completed the cowl baffles with the rubber parts, test fit cowling with the rubber pieces on - it's tight but doable.   Also working on finish work on cowling - waiting for parts to complete my oil door as I want to use Hartwell latches.

I fired up the electrical system using an external power supply for the first time, all seems just fine after doing some configuration (for lighting and canopy microswitch).   It's exciting to see the screens all lit up.  I tested the radios and external GPS antennas - all seem to be working except I couldn't get the GTN 650 to see satellites inside the garage (with door open I can "tilt" the two GPS antennas on the windscreen and pick up signal). 

Cowl baffles in place:


 Finishing smoothing of cowl inlet ramps.  This required some significant work to fit to the cowl.



G3X, G5, GTN 650 up and running:


Headset holders - Van's makes these for the RV-12 but they fit just fine in the 14:


External power supply:


Flox mixture to smooth transition of the main wheel intersection fairings.  Sanding to come (and probably more filling too...)


Flox mixture on lower cowl to match inlet to cowling:


No comments:

Post a Comment