Thursday, March 21, 2019

The big move - it's done!!

Yesterday my friends Andy Grimm and Chris Kaniut helped me load a big U-Haul truck with my wings, tailfeathers, flaps, ailerons, workbenches, compressor, boxes and bins of tools and parts, etc. etc. and move it safely to the hangar.   I own a standard T-Hangar but Chris and I found a good deal renting a 50x50 hangar big enough for both our airplanes - he has a really nice Bonanza.  I'll be renting or selling my T-hangar.

Today a tow truck came and we moved the fuselage from garage to hangar.  Very nervous during both moves, but considering the investment in avionics and engine (not to mention fuselage kit and hundreds of hours of labor) seeing that on a tow truck going down the road was a bit unsettling.  But it worked out perfectly and I'm close to permanently attaching tail and wings.


Ready to transport, still in garage at home:




On the street.  Neighbors who drove/walked/jogged by looked puzzled to say the least....



 Loading:



On the road:

At the airport:

Tucked away in the hangar:



No comments:

Post a Comment