Monday, March 11, 2019

Transition training, working on interior

I returned early Sunday from Oregon where I did transition training with Mike Seager in the factory RV-14A.  It was very challenging due to mostly bad weather but we managed to get in 3 flights over 4 days, enough for a good checkout in the airplane.  I was impressed with performance, even more excited to fly my own when it's done.

I started working on completing the interior, and test fitting seats.  Installed crotch belts, and screwed down the floor sections that I can before final inspection.  Vic Syracuse wants me to leave panels open that allow inspection of all parts of the control system.

I got my steps powder-coated in white and installed those today.  Also installed the oxygen tank brackets (and tank as it makes more sense to have it installed than the loose brackets rattling about.

Will try to install rear window in next day or two.


Snowy/wet weather - taken while waiting it out:


Test fitting seats:



Steps installed:


Oxygen tank:


Steps padded to save my shins:


Floor panels installed.  The center black section is a special item from my interior company (Classic Aero) - they redesigned the way this part fits so their carpet section here fits better.



Flap motor cover:
`

No comments:

Post a Comment