Saturday, March 17, 2018

March 17 Update - continuing work on QB wings

Since last post, I've done the following:
  • installed aileron and flap gap seals (R Wing)
  • installed all aileron components (pushrod tubes, aileron bellcrank, torque tubes, etc.  (Right Wing).  Adjusted pushrod lengths to get everything place using templates and measurements
  • Right wing:  removed two universal rivets at inboard aileron hinge bracket that interfere with aileron movement and replaced with countersunk rivets.  These rivets are part of an SB for the aileron hinge bracket.  I also did the same on these on the left wing.
  • Completed wiring in right wing including molex connector for pitch servo.
  • Completed installation of conduit and wiring for possible future magnetometer in right wing (either as a 2nd or moving primary there if there is any interference).
  • Installed Garmin GMU22 magnetometer in left wing inner bay (using kit from Vans that adapts this to the ADAHRS bracket)
  • Installed round connector using wiring harness wires to connect to GMU 22








Right wing is coming along nicely - in the next couple of days I'll order finishing kit and hope to finish this wing in next 1-2 weeks.  Biggest job will be installation of the roll servo in the right wing. I'll put QB wings in storage after that and move tailcone back to my shop to join fuselage/tailcone.

I want to have as many avionics components as possible installed ahead of final assembly - I know I'll be doing a full Garmin G3X system so choosing components that I know will match.


No comments:

Post a Comment