Sunday, March 18, 2018

Update March 18th - Right wing systems

Since last post I've prepped a lot of parts to do the aileron trim and autopilot servos in the right wing.  I completed installation of the right wing autopilot (roll) servo and most of the installation of the aileron trim.    This includes cutting tubing, drilling and tapping this tubing to fabricate pushrods for the autopilot servos.  Kind of fun but time consuming as are all things airplane.

One part I decided to change on the autopilot was the micro molex connectors supplied with the kit: these have been troublesome for many folks so I am replacing in most places with dsub connectors or Deutsch DTM connectors.

I initially modified the aileron trim bracket's molex connector slot to fit a 9-pin dsub, but when I connect this way there's not enough extra wire length to connect the aileron trim springs.  After I install the springs (need to remove the aileron pushrod tomorrow and attach brackets for the springs), I'll re-evaluate.  However, it won't be a problem using the wire as shown in photos here  - they'll tuck right out of the way.
















No comments:

Post a Comment