Saturday, September 1, 2018

Canopy fairing more or less done

I finally got to a "stopping" point on the canopy fairing.  I did a few rounds of final filling of pinholes and successive layers (sanded in between) of filler primer (Ekofill).   My eyes and fingers said "you're done", so I masked off the general area (beyond where i feathered the fairing edges) and put on a few coats of my usual SEM primer.  Of course now I can see some tiny pinholes and surface defects, but I'm going to hand that off to the painter when the time comes.  I just had to stop at some point.

Overall pretty happy with the shape and the quality of the finish.  With the primer on theres a slight difference in texture between fairing and metal, but I'm hoping this will become less noticeable when the aircraft is painted.  I'm probably being way too hard on myself!






No comments:

Post a Comment