Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Panel is here, working on wheels/brakes/wheelpants

Since last post, I've had some work travel and life interruptions.  Doing a lot of small jobs.  I've installed the Beringer wheels/brakes/tires on main gear, and started work on the wheelpants (like most fiberglass work this is not much fun).   I saw where "Carl and Rafael" (RV14A.com) used added glass cloth layup on their wheelpants to support the screws that hold wheelpants to brackets so I'm copying their method.

I decided to shorten the flexible brake lines and run them directly down the aft side of gear legs, after learning that a "wrap" around the leg isn't needed for flexible lines - this is much easier to install and will fit better in the wheelpants/opening.  Tom at TS Flightlines is making the change for me.

I received my panel from Steinair.  This company is so much fun to deal with.  Not cheap (see slogan on t-shirt!) but customer service is simply outstanding.  Even the crate my panel was shipped in had a bunch of nice surprises, starting with the etched panel on the crate lid, and continuing on to a series of goodies like t-shirts and key-chains.    Every time I call them, they are happy to help - Stein himself frequently answers the phone and takes care of my questions.









No comments:

Post a Comment