Tuesday, August 14, 2018

August 14 Update

I finished general fit of canopy frame and have been working on fitting the canopy itself.  Had a few questions about positioning the canopy: the best fit seems to be with the canopy about 1/8" forward of the "forward canopy line".   I discussed with Vans and with Vic Syracuse and I've decided to go with my gut: I'll work from the slightly forward position as this gives the best fit on the back and sides.  I don't think anyone will notice the slight difference in position versus other RV-14's.  There is a gap between the canopy and the "slot" in forward canopy skin when positioned per Van's line: my position closes the gap and also gives a nice fit in back so that the canopy "as is" needs no trimming to clear the rear window.

I decided to do something a bit different today - waiting for a couple of items I ordered before moving ahead on the canopy.  So I put together the seat frames.  I will be using Classic Aero seats which come with a frame but I thought these would come in handy while working in the airplane.  I can sell them down the road or keep them for possible future use.





No comments:

Post a Comment