Tuesday, November 29, 2016

November 28, 2016: left elevator trim motor completed, elevator counterweights


Installed and tested trim motor assembly in left elevator.  I had to "flip" the trim pushrod - drawings are confusing.  Not a big deal.  Connected the wiring harness before install - used a 9v battery to test.  After this I used the battery to align the trim tab with elevator trailing edge.   I completed riveting the rolled leading edge of the elevator.  Also begain working on the counterweights for both elevators.  Made a mistake in trimming two of these - ordered new ones. I struggled to trim excess material from the counterweights (required for one on each elevator).  Finally "discovered" a technique using putty knife.   I put a post on Van's Air Force about this:  http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=144412












No comments:

Post a Comment